[mythtv-users] Problems with upgrading FC1 --> FC3, need help manually restoring Myth to a differentversion (.16 --> .18)

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Tue May 10 11:52:42 UTC 2005

Well, first of all I'd check into putting APT onto your machine. That
should deal with a lot of the dependency issues... However, the catch
with this is that you won't necessarily be able to install .16 this way.

Why install .16? Well, since you had a .16 system I'd recommend putting
.16 on your FC3 box and restoring your existing database. Once you've
got it all running, you can then use APT-GET to install .18 and all its
dependencies (an in-place upgrade).

The best way to deal with dependency problems is use google to find the
packages that are dependent and install them using RPM.

Now, if you have a way to get back to where you were, I'd upgrade before
I backed up the database.