[mythtv-users] Re: after recoding: using nuvexport to create a dvd?

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Tue May 10 08:42:56 UTC 2005

Hanno wrote:

> have mythtv-0.17 and a pvr350-card in my machine. Since I have my
>new tvpc, I use the convert-function to compress my .nuv-files.
>After such a compression, a "file"-command shows my .nuv-files only
>as "data". mplayer doesn't seem to be able to detect the correct
>format of these files.

Been struggling with this for several days now. nuvinfo on the .nuv file says
it's a MPEG file while file and mpgtx, part of nuv2disc, say it's a data file
or a file it can't handle.
For now I've got nuv2disc almost working, I do a nuvexport-dvd to the
pretty/mpeg directory of nuv2disc, from nuv2disc.sh I can choose the .mpg
file, and create a dvd including menus and burning which work perfectly on my
stand-alone dvd-player.

Henk Schoneveld

PS. To get nuv2disc is rather tricky for it's 'designed' to work with
knoppmyth, debian-based, and the path of read/save files and programs are
hard-coded in the scripts. I use a mandrake dist so I had a lot of things to
change to get it working. Getting the prerequisites right also a pain in
the .... You need eboxy with SDL_gui which are hard to find and to compile,
in the end I found some rpms. If it all works I wil try to write a how-to
which will be usable for rpm-based distros.