[mythtv-users] Has anyone seen this backend problem

Louis Adamich ladamich at cox.net
Tue May 10 12:30:32 UTC 2005

I'm having a problem with my backend server and I hope someone else has
seen it.  I am running 0.18.  The backend does not run a frontend
server.  I am using a pvr250 for capture.  The symptoms are as follows:

When I select a recording to play from one of the frontend servers it
works but each time a recording is selected it takes a little bit longer
to begin playing.   Eventually the recording just won't come up at all
and then I have to restart the mythbackend daemon.  It will also display
the same symptoms if left alone for long enough (recordings not
playing).  I have setup a cron job to restart the backend during the
night but of course this is not acceptable and only solves the "left
alone" problem and not the recordings taking longer and longer to come up.

Anybody else seen anything like this  or have any pointers on how to
begin troubleshooting?

Thanks for any help.

Louis
ladamich at cox.net