[mythtv-users] Extract audio as Wav=

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Mon May 9 21:58:07 UTC 2005

Jeff Simpson wrote:
>> There's software out there that will let you cut the MP3's without a
>> decode/re-encode step.
>>
>> http://home.hccnet.nl/p.luijer/ - I think that's the one I've used in
>> the past (it's been a long time, but I think that's it.)
>>
>> I don't know if something similar exists for linux or not though.
>>

> I was actually looking for a program to do this the other day - I
> ended up using xmms with the disk-writer plugin to make the wav file,
> using wavsplit to do the cutting (wavsplit is a very nice simple
> program - you just tell it what the cutpoints or piece-sizes are in
> frames / seconds / w/e), then lame in a bash loop to re-encode the
> pieces back to mp3.

For mp3 splitting, I use mp3splt, nice command line app works on
Linux/Windoze/OSX.

http://mp3splt.sourceforge.net/

It will take a cue with a monolithic mp3 and split it up into individual
tracks, which can be helpful at times (ripping a long dance-track single
mix album with Nero with Cue points per track then deciding you want the
songs separated).

Steve