[mythtv-users] PIP in Program Guide in MythTV sample screenshot?

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat May 7 19:55:51 UTC 2005

The preview window is rendered as an image by myth I believe and does not
use any video acceleration. There is work to be done in ivtv/x-driver to
improve the performance of that but it will come after I have the xv stuff
finished

> I'm using my 5200FX only because there's no
> acceleration on the PVR-350.  I have read on one of
> the mailing lists (either ivtv or mythtv-users, I
> don't remember which) that XVideo support is being
> worked on for the PVR-350.  If that happens, given
> that I have a pretty high-end CPU (Athlon64, 3200+),
> I'd probably switch back.

Yes I'm getting close. I was just playing a recording using mplayer's
standard xv support and the cpu usage is significantly less than the x11
output. It's not optimized and I still had 60% free cpu on a 2400 AthlonXP.
There is still work to do optimizing it and trying to implement some frame
flipping to stop tearing which I'm working on now. It's probably a couple of
weeks away though since I don't have much time to work on it.