[mythtv-users] PIP in Program Guide in MythTV sample screenshot?

Paul Fielding paul at fielding.ca
Sat May 7 19:38:01 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe Votour" <joevph at yahoo.com>
> I'm guessing it's probably because the PVR-350 is
> basically a dumb framebuffer with no acceleration for
> anything other than MPEG-2 data.  But, if I recall
> correctly (and I may not be), I thought that the small
> preview screen worked in the Watch Recording screen.
> I wouldn't really see it as any different, but I don't
> know enough about the hardware capabilities of the
> PVR-350 to know for sure.

You do recall correctly - the preview screen works great int he Watch
Recording screen, so I have no idea why it wouldn't be doable in the program
guide.

> SNIP<
> OpenGL vsync and the Bob deinterlacer provide a
> picture that's reasonable, but definitely not as good
> as the PVR-350 (but I need the acceleration for DVD
> playback and xmame).

Why would you need it for DVD playback?  I'm using xine through my PVR-350
tv out and it gives great DVD playback.  I confess I'd like to be able to
use mame, though......

later,

Paul