[mythtv-users] PIP in Program Guide in MythTV sample screenshot?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Sat May 7 18:24:25 UTC 2005

I'm guessing it's probably because the PVR-350 is
basically a dumb framebuffer with no acceleration for
anything other than MPEG-2 data.  But, if I recall
correctly (and I may not be), I thought that the small
preview screen worked in the Watch Recording screen.
I wouldn't really see it as any different, but I don't
know enough about the hardware capabilities of the
PVR-350 to know for sure.

I'm using my 5200FX only because there's no
acceleration on the PVR-350.  I have read on one of
the mailing lists (either ivtv or mythtv-users, I
don't remember which) that XVideo support is being
worked on for the PVR-350.  If that happens, given
that I have a pretty high-end CPU (Athlon64, 3200+),
I'd probably switch back.

The 5200FX works great, but I recompiled MythTV to
enable OpenGL vertical sync support.  I find that
without the OpenGL vsync, the picture gets choppy.
OpenGL vsync and the Bob deinterlacer provide a
picture that's reasonable, but definitely not as good
as the PVR-350 (but I need the acceleration for DVD
playback and xmame).

-- Joe