[mythtv-users] Broadcast flag thrown out

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Fri May 6 22:23:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 04:53:28PM -0400, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> Heh.  What cable vendor is going to do unencrypted signals anymore?
> They have North Americans on the treadmill of buying proprietary
> equipment in order to get service.  I wonder how many people avoid
> switching service because of the investment they made to get into the
> service they have.

The majority still are...

> > >From 11 local OTA stations,
>
> You must live in a pretty big market!  11 local channels?

SLC is a decent market, yes.  Both PBS stations have 4 and 5
subchannels.  Both PBS stations also have radio (audio only) streams and
one TV station has the radio station they own also on a subchannel audio
only.. I didn't include those in the list of video streams either.  I
don't think it will be uncommon to see each station sending 2-6 video
streams in the future.. More money for them in advertising...

> > Depending on terrain, you can get up to 100+ miles, but 60-70 is really
> > the most typically.
>
> Hrm.  60-70 huh?  Is that with a roof-top antenna?

Roof top directional (Since ATSC is directional...)

--Brandon