[mythtv-users] Broadcast flag thrown out

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri May 6 20:53:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 14:17 -0600, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> .. They do OTA and Cable (QAM) as long as it's not encrypted QAM.

Heh.  What cable vendor is going to do unencrypted signals anymore?
They have North Americans on the treadmill of buying proprietary
equipment in order to get service.  I wonder how many people avoid
switching service because of the investment they made to get into the
service they have.

> >From 11 local OTA stations,

You must live in a pretty big market!  11 local channels?

> Depending on terrain, you can get up to 100+ miles, but 60-70 is really
> the most typically.

Hrm.  60-70 huh?  Is that with a roof-top antenna?

b.