[mythtv-users] XBMC MythTV Frontend + Backend

J jsg93085 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:39:44 UTC 2005

> Thanks J for your help,
>
> But, Im looking for a whole stand-alone solution (frontend + backend) for
> the xbox platform.
>
> I only need a small backend running in the xbox, list of channels (in text
> file format, MySQL its no necessary), scheduling and recording capabilities
> (in the local or remote HDD) and I don't need any dvb card because I have my
> TV services permanently over my home network (multicast streams).
>
> Regards,
> ZaZu.

As of this point, its not possible to run the xbox as a backend. They
do have USB 1.1 external capture cards, but nobody has messed with
them. The xbox can be modded to have 2 usb ports (or 4 if it suits
your fancy, I have 2) but those ports have only been used for
keyboards, mice, and usb hdds. if you wanted to one port for a capture
card (like Hauppage's first wintv usb edition) you'd be on your own
for figuring out the proper commands for getting the card to talk to
the xbox/mythtv. Also check out www.mythtv-xbox.org for more info on
mythtv on an xbox.

Cheers,