[mythtv-users] xbox - component video out to HDTV problems

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Wed May 4 23:53:59 UTC 2005

I configured the xbox using xdebian 1.0.3 and the 4.4 scripts.  I got it
working perfectly over composite video out, then plugged it to my TV
with a 3rd party component video connector (got off ebay; works w/ xbox
games).  Just after booting linux (loopback fs installation), it freaks
out and powers down the box - before I can even see any messages being
scrolled on the display.

I reverted to the component video cable, and it worked just fine.  I
tried swapping cables after it was booted into mythtv and it worked, but
the display was in black/white.

What gives?  Do I need to reinstall with xdebian 1.1 and 4.5-beta
scripts?  And are will these instructions

http://www.xbox-linux.org/Xbox_HDTV_HOWTO

work with mythtv?  Is the xbox going to be able to handle video playback
at that resolution?

thanks,
reza