[mythtv-users] RE: Mythtools

Nadav Cohen cohen.n at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:20:46 UTC 2005

Hi all,

first of all - great idea!

a few issues i've stumbled upon:

   1. 4 letter extensions: sync.pl does not detect video files with the
   extension ".mpeg" (well, and removes existing ones from the DB). I know
   nothing of perl, but when I had a look at the code, it does seem to assume
   all files have a 3-letter extension. I just renamed all my .mpeg files to
   .mpg. it doesn't really matter...
   2.

>    Can't locate Cache/FileCache.pm

   when running vidupdate.pl
   just for any other newbies out there... I solved this by installing
   libcache-cache-perl (in debian, run "apt-get install libcache-cache-perl")
    3.

>    Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
>    Mythtv/TVTome.pm line 217, <STDIN> line 18.

   Really dunno what this one wants. just popped up between 'searching
   for "stargate sg-1"' and the episode list

Thats all for now...
Nadav :)