[mythtv-users] Re: Dead Myth Box and "WriteAudio: buffer underrun"

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Thu Mar 31 16:06:11 UTC 2005

Michael,

55c IS quite hot.  You're not overclocking are you?  If possible, can
you experment with ways to cool that CPU better, possibly with any/all of:

    * Underclocking your CPU (run it at 2.0-2.2 GHz, for example)
    * Different CPU cooler
    * Different case fan
    * Taking off the case cover and turning a small desktop fan to blow
      across the mobo/CPU

(all at your own risk, of course!)

Then re-try some of your operations that caused failure.

Also, look for things like too-aggressive memory settings (CAS 2 when
your memory needs CAS-3, for example).

Good luck!

Alan