[mythtv-users] Two Different Backend systems talking together

pmb junk at umich2.com
Fri Mar 25 17:18:59 UTC 2005

>I like the Rsync idea or some such solution, but duplicating the
>database is overkill and will do exactly what you are saying here. I'd
>suggest creating a custom SQL script that only duplicates the needed
>tables or one that runs and deletes the scheduled recordings
>information from the scheduled recordings table (I don't know the real
>name for that table). This would allow you to have the same data and
>access to the data on both systems without having to have the schedule
>and even the hardware config the same (if you didn't copy the hardware
>data).
>
>The first questionthat comes to mind (it is a small concern) though is
>what happens when you delete a viewed file form the second house
>(slave system). It will reappear the next time things are sync'd
>because it was not deleted on the master. It would take a pretty
>significant change to make that sort of thing go away, and probably
>not worth it.
>
>Other than that you could duplicate the whole database and then run a
>"delete from ScheduledPrograms" script to clear that table. All would
>be well with the scheduled progs on the slave then.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I finished setting up
MythTV at my office. I really only wanted one way communication so I
don't think it would be too difficult. I am only interested in
recordings, although I don't think music,  video, or pictures would pose
too much of a problem. Anybody see something I am missing in copying the
files overnight then dumping the 'recorded' & 'recorded markup' table to
the other box?