[mythtv-users] Two Different Backend systems talking together

Rickard Olsson richie at webhackande.se
Fri Mar 25 14:46:20 UTC 2005

John Williams wrote:

> I'd suggest creating a custom SQL script that only duplicates the needed
> tables or one that runs and deletes the scheduled recordings
> information from the scheduled recordings table.

Yep, and then you'd be sliding down the slippery slope on your way to
implementing a media replication scheme between the backends with
priorities and scheduling changes until they become aware and create
Skynet. :-)

Don't get me wrong, I'd see this functionality (well, not the Skynet
part) as a Godsend, but I'm not really sure anyone of us has the time
nor the resources to pull it off in a reasonable amount of time. I'm
just saying that whomever sets his (or her) teeth in this one probably
won't settle for basic functionality, once started down this road. Let's
call it human nature, geek-style.

     / Rickard Olsson,IT-Konsult/
    / Telefon: +46 70 635 01 42/
   / http://www.webhackande.se/