[mythtv-users] Two Different Backend systems talking together

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Fri Mar 25 15:09:46 UTC 2005

Richard J. Sears wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I have a second house that I want to put MythTV into. I have a T1 at my
> first house and a 3MB dsl line in the other house.
>
> I wanted to share programs and music and stuff between the sites without
> having to have cable, the music files, etc in both places.
>
> Is there any way for one complete Myth system to talk to another and
> transfer the requested movies or music in the background fr later
> viewing..?
>
> Does someone have a good way to set this up..?

> Richard J. Sears

Rich,

Looks like the plutohome.com already has something like this.  Heres the
  info from thier page
(http://plutohome.com/index.php?section=personal_computing)

"When you have multiple homes with Pluto systems, they can all be joined
as one. Every Pluto Core will automatically create a VPN (virtual
private network) connection to the others. It's completely safe and
fully encrypted. The benefit is that you can go from one house to
another and know that you will still have access to all your files no
matter where you are without the hassle of copying them."

HTH.

Tom