[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 20:55:40 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:41:53 -0800, Brad Templeton
<brad+myth at templetons.com> wrote:

> Keyboards, as you may not know, send a lot of codes in their operation.
> For almost all keys, a code when you press the key and a code when you
> release it.   Remote controls often repeat a code when you hold a button
> down.  I suspect your learning remotes are refusing to learn a sequence
> that is actually two different pulses (close together).
>
> There are ways to configure your keyboard driver to take action on just
> a downpress I think.  The normal action on just a downpress is to go
> into repeat mode xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx like that.

Brad, You may be right. I can see that being the default for the
keyboard. I sometimes move the keyboard out of the receiver's field of
view and get my PC going nuts because it repeats until I get the
keyboard in the field of view again and press the key again.

--
I have plenty of G Mail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail
rocks for  email lists.