[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Mar 21 20:41:53 UTC 2005

Keyboards, as you may not know, send a lot of codes in their operation.
For almost all keys, a code when you press the key and a code when you
release it.   Remote controls often repeat a code when you hold a button
down.  I suspect your learning remotes are refusing to learn a sequence
that is actually two different pulses (close together).

There are ways to configure your keyboard driver to take action on just
a downpress I think.  The normal action on just a downpress is to go
into repeat mode xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx like that.