[mythtv-users] Lite-On IR Keyboard and Learning Remotes

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:32:56 UTC 2005

I have an interesting story for remote control crazyness.... explain
this one... I have a URC-8910 and a lite-on keyboard from newegg. The
17 dollar one I believe. I can not get the remote to learn a single
key on the entire thing. I tried everything, wasn't going to to
happen. My friend liked the idea of the IR keyboard for a media
computer, so he bought the same one from newegg, or so we thought. His
looks quite a bit different, it has some grey parts, where mine is all
black. Also, the pointer device is on the right hand side, where mine
is on the left. However, his keyboard could control my mythbox ( the
receiver that came with my keyboard ). The pointer, buttons, and all
the keys worked just fine. The real kicker was... my URC-8910 remote
could learn the keys from his keyboard, and then the learned code
worked on my reciever! So I borrowed his keyboard for a few days and
programmed my remote ;)  ....  I wouldn't suggest the URC-8910 though.
It doesn't have enough learning memory. I could only do the number
keys, the arrow keys, select, menu, and esc...... Does anyone know how
to increase the number of buttons it will let me learn? Like delete
other crap or something... How many buttons do other learning remotes
allow you to learn?

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com