[mythtv-users] Hard lockups using xvmc

Howard Cokl hojoloco at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 15:41:28 UTC 2005

I don't know if I have it fixed yet but I recompiled
myth and enabled debug, started it up and got a hard
lockup and no data in gdb.  Tried chmod -s
/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend and got a hard lockup
which from what I've read myth can't do if it's not
suid root.  Played around some more, I musta complied
myth 20 times in the last 2 days, with and w/o alsa,
etc, no luck.  Went through Setup in Frontend again
and unchecked xvmc and it was working but the audio
was out of sync, found that I had checked Use Video as
Timebase, (I think I saw that in a post about my
problems, but not sure) unchecked that and audio was
fixed.  Turned xvmc back on and it DIDN'T LOCK UP.  I
have it on now and will see if I can make it lockup
but so far I have paused and unpaused and all seems
good.