[mythtv-users] Hard lockups using xvmc

Michael Haan michael.haan at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:05:20 UTC 2005

So, this is interesting.  I was having a good experience with myth the
last few weeks - not really experiencing any lock-ups.  I was not
using xvmc as with it enabled I got an error when trying to view live
tv.  Then, I installed a new sound card yesterday to try and use the
digital spdif for the sound (Turtle Beach Riviera).  Got that to work
very easily, however I'm now having a rash of hard lock-ups when
trying to pause, rewind or fast forward live or recorded television.
I'm still not using xvmc (though I'd like to), I am using libmpeg2,
and I do run mythfrontend suid.  Could my problems with lock-ups
somehow be related to yours?