[mythtv-users] recording a specific episode anytime?

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Mar 20 17:55:34 UTC 2005

Dan Christensen wrote:
> Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> writes:
>

>>Dan Christensen wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a way to get myth to record a specific episode (title and
>>>subtitle must match) but let it choose which showing to record (in
>>>order to accommodate other recordings)?
>>
>>I think you would want to select "Record one showing of this title".
>

> Ah, ok, then I think the word "title" is used ambiguously.  Here

Actually, it is quite deliberate and specific to try to make the
point that it is in fact looking for a "title" that matches.

> are two of the options as displayed by mythweb:
>
>  Find and record one showing of this title.
>  Find and record one showing of this title each day.
>
> You are saying that in the first one, it chooses this episode, so the
> title and subtitle must match.  But I assume that for the second one,
> the subtitle is allowed to change from day to day?

I don't think he is and may have mis-read your question but I can
only speak for myself =).

None of the rule types look at the subtitle for a match. The only
way to do so is to use a search rule that will specifically look
for a match in the subtitle.

The two choice above are FindOne and FindDaily. FindOne will record
one showing then delete itself. FindDaily will record one showing
on each 24 hour period with no regard to the description or lack
thereof. For example, NewsNight with Aaron Brown is on twice each
evening (except this week =). Because it is a news show, there are
no descriptions but we know the two showings on the same day are
identical so FindDaily lets the scheduler choose either one.

--  bjm