[mythtv-users] recording a specific episode anytime?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Mar 20 17:11:19 UTC 2005

Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> writes:

> Dan Christensen wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to get myth to record a specific episode (title and
>>subtitle must match) but let it choose which showing to record (in
>>order to accommodate other recordings)?
>
> I think you would want to select "Record one showing of this title".

Ah, ok, then I think the word "title" is used ambiguously.  Here
are two of the options as displayed by mythweb:

 Find and record one showing of this title.
 Find and record one showing of this title each day.

You are saying that in the first one, it chooses this episode, so the
title and subtitle must match.  But I assume that for the second one,
the subtitle is allowed to change from day to day?

Is there a better way to phrase this?  What if myth always used
the word "program" when the title must match, "episode" when the
title and subtitle must match, and "showing" when it is a specific
episode on a specific channel at a specific time?

(Or is there another convention that I'm still misunderstanding?)

Dan