[mythtv-users] recording a specific episode anytime?

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Mar 20 14:05:33 UTC 2005

Dan Christensen wrote:

>Is there a way to get myth to record a specific episode (title and
>subtitle must match) but let it choose which showing to record (in
>order to accommodate other recordings)?
>
>Maybe I'm just misunderstanding some of the recording options, but it
>seems like I can record a specific showing (i.e. a specific channel
>and time), or I can record this title anytime (but not restrict to the
>selected subtitle).
>
>Let me know if I'm missing something...

I think you would want to select "Record one showing of this title".
This would differ from "Record this showing only" in that it would find
the best air time in order to fit other recordings.  I believe that this
would also differ from "Record in this timeslot, etc." by selecting only
that showing and not other showings with different title/subtitles.

Kevin