[mythtv-users] DVB EIT/EPG

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 16:11:55 UTC 2005

> Check that you haven't got "on demand" set for your card.

It isn't.

> > Secondly, I only appear to be getting guide data for the mux/transport
> > i'm tuned to, even though in the UK (Freeview) the guide data for all
> > muxes are sent on every mux, is this correct / expected?
>
> Not quite true, some mux's are better than others for EIT data. mux one
> seems to have everything most of the time.

That's what I expected. I left it on live-tv on BBC1 for half an hour,
even then I had no guide data for (example) Channel-5. Flicking over
to channel 5 manually resulted in guide data being built up for that
channel.

> > The result is
> > that i'd have to sit there watching a channel for each mux in turn to
> > fully update the guide, not ideal!
>
> Taylor was considering doing this auto magically, but it shouldn't be
> needed in the UK.

Agreed, I didn't think it should be required.

> > Previously i've been using tv_grab_dvb with great success to get my
> > guide data (the system has no internet connection), is it possible to
> > still use this tool until the wrinkles with the internal guide grabber
> > have been sorted? ... or have the database changes made current
> > versions of tv_grab_dvb unusable?
>
> It should be ok, but you need to switch of the OTA guide setting and
> fill in the xmltvid.

Ok, so it's possible, but a setup hassle.

Thanks for the response, i'll play about some more and see if I can
sort this out.

Steve