[mythtv-users] soundblaster sound sync

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 06:24:19 UTC 2005

> Hi Guys,
>
> Knoppmyth ver R4V5 , Leadtek winfast 2000 XP and soundblaster live.
>
> I have routed sound from tvcard to SB live via the internal audio
> cable. Sound is always there and out of sync by a couple of seconds
>
> After googling I have tried changing the settings of sound card with
> ALSAMIXER but no luck yet.
>
> Could someone please post there settings for soundblaster live for me
> to compare on my setup , especially alsamixer settings.
>
> Thanks in advance

If the sound is ahead of the video then it could be what you're
hearing is the sound as it comes in on the TV signal, rather than the
sound as captured and recorded with the video which is usually 2-3
seconds behind the signal coming in. You need to mute the line in on
your mixer and set capture to record. Should be able to find lots
about that in the archives or Jarod's guide.

Regards,
Phill