[mythtv-users] Image quality of HD3000 for OTA sources

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 22:56:54 UTC 2005

I've a sempron 3000+, 512mb ddr, geforce2 mx440 card and HD3000 card.
I can playback fine without stuttering using the nvidia 7174 driver
with about 80-90% cpu busy. I can play both 720p and 1080i. Though
1080i has more cpu usage.

You didnt say what video card do you have on the intel pc. That really
depends on the processing of the HD. Nvidia drivers do offload mpeg2
to VGA conversion on the hardware so it does help.

Thanks
Mudit