[mythtv-users] FC4 - Xine Install Problem - Unmet Dependencies

Darren Coleman daz at superficial.net
Sun Jul 31 22:21:14 EDT 2005

(sorry for top posting, blame Outlook :-( )

You’re probably having problems because you seem to be using the wrong repo
for FC4.  HYPERLINK
"http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/3/i386/freshrpms/"http://ayo.freshrpm
s.net/fedora/linux/3/i386/freshrpms/ is for Fedora Core 3.

Also, you’re probably better off using “yum”.  A simple “yum install xine”
with the correct repos would do the job.

I’m using the following, albeit on kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4:

xine.i386                                0.99.4-1.2.fc4         installed

xine-lib.i386                            1.1.0-1.2.fc4          installed

Both came from freshrpms and installed without any dependency issues.

Daz

   _____