[mythtv-users] FC4 - Xine Install Problem - Unmet Dependencies

Brian Donaldson brian.donaldson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 21:51:57 EDT 2005

I'm running Fedora Core 4 with kernel 2.6.12-1.1390_FC4. My install was done
using Jarod's guide (thank you Jarod). I've done the following to try to
install Xine:
 # echo "rpm http://ayo.freshrpms.net/ fedora/linux/3/i386 freshrpms" >>
/etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update
# apt-get install xine
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

xine: Depends: libxine.so.1
Depends: xine-lib (>= 1.0.0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Any suggestions on how to successfully install Xine would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian