[mythtv-users] hdtv from a cable box

tgate tgate at mypublic.net
Thu Jul 28 13:23:27 EDT 2005

> I am not sure if it is something I would plan a MythTv
> system around.  Different areas probably have different results.  I
> assume they're working on locking it down everywhere though.

Unbelievable.  I really don't understand why content creators or
providers can not simply offer a "decryption license" for their
media.  I'm happy to pay for HBO or Cable.  Why should I be forced to
buy a lousy TiVo or other DVR when I can build a myth setup.  In fact
a decryption license would open the doors for people who only have
internet access.  It would completely open up distribution for them.

Sorry for the rant.  For the better part of a year now I've been
searching for a way to make mithTv work for me.  It's great.  There's
just so much working against it.

-todd