[mythtv-users] Ready for use?

Jake jakeisawake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:20:33 EDT 2005

> > Is anybody successfully using mythTV on a regular basis?  I just don't
> > want to put something together that is going to have problems with
> > basic functionality every other day.  Or is gonna work but look like
> > crap on my TV.

i've been using a mythtv system with a few pvr-250's in it every day
for about a year and a half.  never had a problem.  very rarely the
frontend might crash but the backend in my experience has always been
rock solid.  also have a massive video collection that mythvideo is
perfect for.  love getting movie times and the weather so myth is not
just for tv.

basically, the only concern with a myth system is disk space, buy lots
of disk space!