[mythtv-users] Stuttering problems with LiveTV and Segmentation Fault when accessing Program Guide

Peter Young mythtv-users at liveitnerd.com
Tue Jul 19 08:22:41 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'd like to congratulate the programmers of Myth for such and excellent
product.  I've really enjoyed using it for watching movies and listening to
music.

Recently I decided to try and get a TV tuner card working that I found
stashed away in the cupboard.  It's an Analogue bt878 MachTV Tuner Card with
a Temic tuner.  I've successfully got it to tune and work in xawtv correctly
and have now got it appearing in MythTV as well.  When I try to watch live
tv in Myth from the 'Watch TV' menu option it stutters the video so that it
pauses every 2-3 seconds for 1 second.  I've read through some of the posts
in the Archive but nothing seems to have helped.  I've made sure that DMA is
on and that my processor supports SSE.

Specs are as follows:

Pentium 3 1.1Ghz

384MB RAM

80GB IDE Hard Drive

DVD-ROM Drive

64MB Geforce 2 MX400

Ensoniq ES1370 Sound Card

In the backend log files I get this error:

2005-07-19 22:18:09.714 Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV

[mpeg4 @ 0xb7568710]removing common factors from framerate

strange error flushing buffer ...

VIDIOCSYNC: Input/output error

VIDIOCSYNC: Input/output error

This computer runs as both Front and Backend.

In addition to this, when I've tried to go to Schedule a new program from
the program guide I get a Segmentation fault and the whole frontend crashes.
I can't find any other traces of the error anywhere else.

Any help on either of these would be great!

Thanks,

Peter Young.