[mythtv-users] Myth tv ready for FC-4 ?
monkeypet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 00:46:27 EDT 2005
Search for my prior posts in the archives. I think my upgrade path
was fc1->fc2->fc4. I remember I listed and responded to a couple
questions regarding FC4 installation, most notible:
0. Used FC4 ISO to upgrade system.
1. Used the mythtv-suite rpms from atrpms.
2. apt-get didn't work, I had to use yum (suspecting my upgrade path).
3. xorg.conf file had to specify the busid in decimal not hex.
4. Had some issues with autologin and not running kde, so I fell back
to running kde and using kde's autostart/autorun feature to run the
5. Installed lirc and ivtv modules manually since I recompiled my
kernel and need to disable 8k stats to run the evil ndiswrapper for my
On 7/20/05, Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Monkey Pet wrote:
> > I upgraded from fc2->fc3->fc4 without any major problems. Haven't
> > lost my shows yet, knock on wood.
> Any particular magic? Did you install using standard FC* CD ISOs?
More information about the mythtv-users