[mythtv-users] pvr350 livetv work

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jul 10 12:34:19 EDT 2005

On 7/10/05, Claude Gélinas agr. <claude at phyto.qc.ca> wrote:
> I finally get around the livetv problem for my pvr350
>
> I desable all the automatic startup of the mythbackend and place it in
> the kde autostart dir just before I start mythfrontend
>
> it solve all the time out and the black screen from watching livetv....
> super
>
> the only proble I have now is to get the remote to work with myth
>
> the remote work just fine from irw and in irexec. I can kill the
> frontend with the power button but mothing else work. should I miss
> something
>
> please help

Do you have a ~/.mythtv/lircrc file containing the myth remote control
definitions. Usually it is symlinked to ~/.lircrc for regular
LIRC-enabled programs (such as xine or mplayer).

If irw is working, then your /etc/lircd.conf file is OK, you probably
just need to create/link the lircrc file so that MythTV can use it.

Nick