[mythtv-users] Sync/stutter when both tuners record? WAF crashing and burning

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jul 7 17:46:30 EDT 2005

On 7-Jul-05, at 3:33 PM, Steve Pugh wrote:

>  Is there a way to check which tuner recorded what program?

mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
select chanid, title from recorded;
quit

The first digit of the chanid is the device that did the recording. Or,
you could do this:

select * from channel where chanid = 1234;

once you know what chanid your show was on and you can match the
sourceid with what's in the cardid table. "describe <tablename>" is
good for finding out what info is available.

It should be easy enough to test the two-recodings-simultaneously
theory by creating two telnet/ssh sessions and having one cat the 350's
output directly to its playback device (cat /dev/video1 > /dev/video16)
and then doing a cat on the 250's device to a file or /dev/null.
Actually /dev/null would test if you're able to do file i/o on both
devices simultaneously, if the 350 output is in sync with the 250 going
to /dev/null and not with it going to a file then i/o performance is a
likely culprit. I guess there are lots of possibilities but that's
where I'd start, at the raw device level.

- George