[mythtv-users] Adding an S-video input to my AverTV 771

Oskar Lissheim-Boethius avocade at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:00:25 EDT 2005

There is only one input showing up on the inputs list on my card,
even though I know it has an S-video in. Would like to use this as a
way to transfer old VHS to MPEG-4.

I've heard somewhere I have to set up a "dummy" channel to be able to
switch between DTV and S-video inside mythtv, but I've not found any
more information on it. Tried adding a second "card" to the card-list
(not a second physical card, that is) as V4L, but then everything
hangs when I try to watch TV...

Thanks!

/Oskar