[mythtv-users] Remote to use w/ EPIA M10000

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 23:02:26 EDT 2005

On 6/30/05, Michael Carland <mcarland at bitsgonewild.net> wrote:

> On Jun 30, 2005, at 8:54 PM, Pane, Chris wrote:
>
> <snip>
> > What are people with EPIA m10000 doing for remotes.
> <snip>
>
> I built a serial LIRC receiver, and plugged it into the header on the
> M10000 board. I replaced the power button/disk light/power light board
> with a custom board, and lined the IR receiver up with the hole for the
> disk drive, since my frontend is diskless.
>
> If I was to do it over again, I'd buy an lirc supported usb receiver
> (or wireless keyboard), and save some time and grey hair. I actually
> struggled most with mounting it in the case, the building of the
> circuit wasn't too bad.
>
> -Michael

We go the wireless keyboard with JP1 programmed remote that emulates
the keyboard.  One ir receiver that gives you a keyboard if you need
it and the remote.  If you get the ir receiver for an Adesso wireless
keyboard, we have the programming file on our website for a JP1 remote
of your choice.

--
Tim
www.magicitx.com