[mythtv-users] Remote to use w/ EPIA M10000

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Fri Jul 1 01:28:01 EDT 2005

On Jun 30, 2005, at 8:54 PM, Pane, Chris wrote:

<snip>
> What are people with EPIA m10000 doing for remotes.
<snip>

I built a serial LIRC receiver, and plugged it into the header on the
M10000 board. I replaced the power button/disk light/power light board
with a custom board, and lined the IR receiver up with the hole for the
disk drive, since my frontend is diskless.

If I was to do it over again, I'd buy an lirc supported usb receiver
(or wireless keyboard), and save some time and grey hair. I actually
struggled most with mounting it in the case, the building of the
circuit wasn't too bad.

-Michael