[mythtv-users] Letterbox picture dimensions in MythTV

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 04:58:44 EST 2005

When watching MythTV recordings the picture is often in letterbox
mode. It seems to depend on the program. When I just used to watch
ordinary telly or VCR recordings on the same TV set it always filled
the whole screen.

Is this desirable behaviour? If it's bad how should I change this?

After all, what's the point of paying all that money for a large
screen if it's not going to get filled (it's not a widescreen TV by
the way)!

Regards,
Phill