[mythtv-users] How to customise menus

Jos Hoekstra joshoekstra at gmx.net
Sat Dec 31 10:00:57 EST 2005

William schreef:

>Not sure if this is the solution to your problem but what worked for me was
>to create a new folder named "MyTheme" in the themes folder and copy the
>entire theme you want to use to the new folder. Select your new theme from
>the list of available themes and apply it. Now when you make changes to the
>files you will see them. Not only that but your new folder will survive
>upgrades to the base theme.

Along those lines:

    Customizing mythfrontend menus-

If you simply copy main_settings.xml and mainmenu.xml out of
/usr/share/mythtv/ into ~/.mythtv/, you can edit them to your heart's
content without screwing up your main install, and the changes will
survive an upgrade. This is probably the easiest way to remove unwanted
content from the menus, rename anything to your liking, etc., without
breaking any of the packages.

© By Jarod Wilson ;)

Even though these files are in /usr/local/share/mythtv on my system, it
should work for you :)

Regards,

Jos