[mythtv-users] How to customise menus

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 09:51:24 EST 2005

>      Sorry, this should be straightforward but I cant make it work!
>
>     I  am trying to customise my  Optical Disk menu.
>
>     So far, based on previous threads, I have copied
> /usr/share/mythtv/optical_menu.xml to the
> /usr/share/mythtv/themes/MythCentre directory on the backend
> and modified
> the file.    (I am using MythCentre theme)
>
>     But nothing changes on the frontend menus.   I have
> restarted both
> backend and frontend.
>
>     What am I missing?

Not sure if this is the solution to your problem but what worked for me was
to create a new folder named "MyTheme" in the themes folder and copy the
entire theme you want to use to the new folder. Select your new theme from
the list of available themes and apply it. Now when you make changes to the
files you will see them. Not only that but your new folder will survive
upgrades to the base theme.