[mythtv-users] Myth frontend forces disk spin-up

Richard Reiner rreiner3 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 27 23:07:24 EST 2005

I've got a frontend-only box which spins down its disk once it has
booted.  I've done all the things necessary to make this work, e.g.
disabling swap and syslogd, putting ntpd's drift file on a tmpfs
partition, etc.

This works fine -- there are never any spontaneous disk wakeups.

HOWEVER, some menu operations within mythfrontend cause the disk to
spin up -- an example is accessing the 'Watch Videos' menu item.

Has anyone else encountered this, and fixed it?  If so, how?

Thanks,

Richard

--
Automated announcement follows:

In September I'll be climbing 14,410ft. Mt. Rainier to help raise
money for Big City Mountaineers, an organization dedicated to trying
to improve life outcomes for inner-city kids.  To find out more,
please visit http://www.summitforsomeone.org.  To help support my
climb, click the Donate link at the bottom left.  Thanks!