[mythtv-users] Interesting false match

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 23 11:25:49 EST 2005

Nick wrote:

>Is it not possible for the scheduler to make use of the _type_ of the
>show? From the information Allan gave, one is a Series, the other a
>Movie, irrespective of the seriesid. I know this information is
>clearly grabber specific, but if the scheduler picks up a possible
>hit, is it not worth at least checking to see whether the types match
>(if present)?

Although, one could argue that in many cases, recording a movie with the
same title as the series is desired.  For example, "The X Files", "MASH"
or any other spin-off movie...

Isn't it better to record too much rather than not enough?  You can
always delete the show you don't watch.  Building a time machine to go
back and get the one you missed is much more challenging...

Mike