[mythtv-users] Interesting false match

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 03:23:28 EST 2005

On 23/12/05, Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> wrote:

> >> What duplicate matching policy were you using?
> >>

> > Check for duplicates in: All recordings
> > Duplicate Check method: Subtitle and Description
>
> My apologies, this has nothing to do with it. There are way too
> many responses on this list by 'I'm not a doctor but I play one
> on television' types ;-).

Thanks for today's script... my agent said it was in the mail.

> Your point is that the title for the movie and series both matched
> even though there is a seriesid. The implication is that it should
> just match the showings by seriesid instead. David Engel and I both
> assumed this would be a good thing too and started to work on it but
> after searching for test cases, it turns out this isn't a good idea.

Is it not possible for the scheduler to make use of the _type_ of the
show? From the information Allan gave, one is a Series, the other a
Movie, irrespective of the seriesid. I know this information is
clearly grabber specific, but if the scheduler picks up a possible
hit, is it not worth at least checking to see whether the types match
(if present)?

Using the uk_rt XMLTV grabber, all of my program entries have a
seriesid, even movies. This is where category="film" and
category_type="movie". The programid is the seriesid prepended with
"MV", and only movies have a programid. The showtype field is unused
for all program entries.

After the fun of setting up MythTV, I think anyone would take a Type I
error over a Type II error any day of the week! The scheduler seems to
cope very admirably as it is, so thanks for the hard work.

Nick