[mythtv-users] SATA & FC4 question

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Thu Dec 22 09:11:28 EST 2005

Around about 22/12/05 13:25, Kirk Grell typed ...
> I've purchased hardware for my MythTV backend and plan
> to install Fedora Core 4.  The drive I bought was a
> SATA drive (Maxtor).  For anyone who has installed FC4
> on a single SATA drive, did you run into any issues?

   I just upgraded my FC4 boot drive to be a SATA one;  the only issues you're
going to have are with respect to support for the SATA chipset on your mobo.
I say this without pretending to be an expert or anything :-)  I just had a
read-around before plumping for a couple of SATA drives.

   Gut feeling is that with FC4 (+updates) you shouldn't have any probs.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature