[mythtv-users] power status of SA3250 with firewire

Thomas B. Clark mythtv at clark.durham.nc.us
Sun Dec 18 18:35:03 EST 2005

I have an SA3250 firewire working beautifully, changing the channels
with an IR blaster, and getting all but the premium channels (HBO,
Shotime, etc).  However, I've run across a stumbling block--how to tell
if the unit is powered on or not.  Because the power function is a
toggle (whoever came up with the idea of toggles for power functions
should be shot!) I would like to insure that the unit is powered up when
the myth log shows that a client is connecting.  The plugreport doesn't
change with respect to the power status.  The only way I can think of is
to run test-mpeg2 in a script and test for output; if none, toggle the
power.  I'd be interested to know if there's a cleaner way.