[mythtv-users] question about mythfilldatabase parameters

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:57:44 EST 2005

On Thursday 15 December 2005 14:36, Jakob Fix wrote:
> Hello, I would like to know what the first number of
> mythfilldatabase's --file option means exactly, the "1" in the
> following example.
>
> mythfilldatabase --quiet --file 1  -1 tv_uk_rt.xmltv
>
> I did read the --help output that mythfilldatabase provides:
>    Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
>    <sourceid> = cardinput
>    <offset>   = days from today that xmlfile defines
>                 (-1 means to replace all data, up to 10 days)
>    <xmlfile>  = file to read
>
> What does "cardinput" mean?  I have one DVB-S card which is connected
> to two LNBs which are switched via diseqc.  Does it have something to
> do with this?  What's the equivalent in the channel and program
> database tables?  And what's the effect?  Sorry for all these
> questions.
>
> --
> cheers,
> Jakob.

lets say you had two DVB-S cards, then your sourceid would be 1 or 2. If you
have one card with two sources, like for us in the U.S. with the built-in
cable tuner and the svideo input, one would be 1 and the other 2.

the easy way to tell how yours is setup is to look at the files Myth writes.
the first number is the sourceid, followed by the channel, date, then time.

--
Steve