[mythtv-users] question about mythfilldatabase parameters

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 14:36:43 EST 2005

Hello, I would like to know what the first number of
mythfilldatabase's --file option means exactly, the "1" in the
following example.

mythfilldatabase --quiet --file 1  -1 tv_uk_rt.xmltv

I did read the --help output that mythfilldatabase provides:
   Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
   <sourceid> = cardinput
   <offset>   = days from today that xmlfile defines
                (-1 means to replace all data, up to 10 days)
   <xmlfile>  = file to read

What does "cardinput" mean?  I have one DVB-S card which is connected
to two LNBs which are switched via diseqc.  Does it have something to
do with this?  What's the equivalent in the channel and program
database tables?  And what's the effect?  Sorry for all these
questions.

--
cheers,
Jakob.