[mythtv-users] question about mythfilldatabase parameters

Jakob Fix jakob.fix at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:17:10 EST 2005

Steve, thanks for your reply.

On 15/12/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 15 December 2005 14:36, Jakob Fix wrote:
> > Hello, I would like to know what the first number of
> > mythfilldatabase's --file option means exactly, the "1" in the
> > following example.
> >
> > mythfilldatabase --quiet --file 1  -1 tv_uk_rt.xmltv
> >
> > I did read the --help output that mythfilldatabase provides:
> >    Bypass the grabbers and read data directly from a file
> >    <sourceid> = cardinput
> >    <offset>   = days from today that xmlfile defines
> >                 (-1 means to replace all data, up to 10 days)
> >    <xmlfile>  = file to read
> >
> > What does "cardinput" mean?  I have one DVB-S card which is connected
> > to two LNBs which are switched via diseqc.  Does it have something to
> > do with this?  What's the equivalent in the channel and program
> > database tables?  And what's the effect?  Sorry for all these
> > questions.
> >
> > --
> > cheers,
> > Jakob.
>
> lets say you had two DVB-S cards, then your sourceid would be 1 or 2. If you
> have one card with two sources, like for us in the U.S. with the built-in
> cable tuner and the svideo input, one would be 1 and the other 2.

So, "source" corresponds to card, and "input" would be the equivalent
to the LNB.

> the easy way to tell how yours is setup is to look at the files Myth writes.
> the first number is the sourceid, followed by the channel, date, then time.

Do you mean recordings, like these?

sh-3.00$ ls -1
1080_20051202010500_20051202025000.nuv
1138_20051205212200_20051205213000.nuv
203_20051125235100_20051126000000.nuv
203_20051127023500_20051127032000.nuv
219_20051126191500_20051126191500.nuv
219_20051126221900_20051126224500.nuv

Not sure if your idea about deducing the source input can be really
applied generally.  If I understand you correctly, my recordings
should be prefixed by 1_ or 2_, right?

--
cheers,
Jakob.