[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode doesn't rename and delete .tmp files after Slave transcode

jeff leads jleads at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 13:33:30 EST 2005

I have knoppmyth running on my backend server and I'm
also running the Mythfrontend on my PC (SUSE 10). I
have my PC setup to flag commercials and to transcode
as it is much more powerful than my Knoppmyth box.

I have /myth on my knoppmyth box shared via nfs. In
/etc/exports I have:

/myth,all_squash,anonuid=105,anongid=105) is my PC

and I have /myth mounted via NFS on my PC. I can read
and write in /mythtv/tv from my PC ok.

I run mythjobqueue on my PC and it picks up Commercial
Flagging and Transcode jobs just fine. However, when I
do a transcode job on my main PC it does the transcode
normally in /myth/tv and generates the
/myth/tv/FILENAME.nuv.tmp on the backend box via NFS
but doesnt rename the .tmp to the original file and
remove the .tmp. This forces me to do the
rename/delete manually.  I suspect it's not updating
the database with the filesize as well because Mythweb
still show the original files sizes for the file
transcoded on my PC.

When I transcode on my backend the .tmp files get
renamed and deleted normally.

Any Ideas where to look?

Do You Yahoo!?